Continuing Professional Education Program Prior-Approval Process in Pennsylvania
Why should I get my continuing professional education program approved in Pennsylvania?
The Pennsylvania Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics recommends that providers of live activities in Pennsylvania receive approval from our PA Academy Continuing Education Approval Process so that the program can be submitted for continuing education credit for licensure in PA.
How do I submit a program for approval?
- To submit a program for approval in PA, you must first submit for approval with the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR). To do this, obtain a Login and Password for the CDR continuing education database. Instructions to obtain a Login and Password for the CDR database for continuing education approval can be found at: http://www.cdrnet.org/form-prior-approval . This is a one-time process. Once you have a Login and Password, you can submit programs for approval at any time. Using your login and password, log into the CDR database (http://www.cdrnet.org) using the blue login link on the top right All required information must be entered into the database. Be sure to attach/upload documentation that shows the following:
· Educational objectives, describing anticipated outcomes for each session.
Session: Age-related changes and their nutritional implications
Educational Objectives: After attending this session, participants will be able to:
- Explain the effects of atrophic gastritis on vitamin B-12 absorption.
- List two ways that older adults can meet their RDA for vitamin B-12.
· An Agenda or Timeline, detailing all the time spent in sessions, meals, breaks, testing, etc.
· Information regarding the target audience (target audience cannot include the lay public). Please specify if the program applies to RDs/RDNs and NDTRs/DTRs and/or any other pertinent health professionals.
· In your CDR application be sure to include a statement about the role of RDNs in the program planning.
· Qualifications of speaker(s) / presenter(s). These should be biography, resume, or Curriculum Vitae. The PA Academy recommends submitting a biography, including academic degrees and the respective college or university, rather than a resume or CV for each speaker. Please note: If the above information/documentation is not uploaded in the CDR database, your program will be denied and you will need to re-submit with the documentation above.
Fill out the payment form for PA Approval below, and submit your online payment to the PA Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Foundation.
Fee: $20 per for 1-9 CPEUs. 10 or more CPEUs is $200.
For questions, please email email@example.com. Once payment is submitted, please allow 4 weeks for the Continuing Professional Education Program approval process.
Please note: Program organizers should provide the CDR Continuing Professional Education Certificate of Attendance form available in the CDR database to attendees. Use of the CDR attendance form is required for the Pennsylvania Licensure Board to grant credit for the 30 continuing education units required for biennial licensure renewal in PA.
However, use of the CDR Continuing Professional Education Certificate of Attendance form does not by itself guarantee that the CPEUs will be acceptable to the Pennsylvania Licensure Board. For details on the types of continuing education that are acceptable and those that are not, please visit: www.eatrightpa.org, hover over the Policy and Advocacy tab and select Licensure and Consumer Protection. Log in, select Continuing Education, select Rules and Regulations, select § 21.724. Continuing education.