The Pennsylvania Academy Of Nutrition And Dietetics Foundation Student Stipend
AWARDED: The stipend is given annually.
Application Deadline: January 11, 2019
PURPOSE: To provide a stipend to student members of the Pennsylvania Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics who attends the Annual Meeting and Exhibition (AME).
CRITERIA AND RESTRICTIONS FOR USE OF THE FUND:
- The recipient must be a current member of the Pennsylvania Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and meet one of the following criteria:
- Is enrolled in a Accreditation for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND)-accredited/approved DP or CP.
- Be accepted by an ACEND-accredited/approved DI or ISPP. (Application for scholarship may be made in advance of acceptance; however, acceptance must be confirmed by the time recipient is chosen.)
- Be admitted to, or in present pursuit of, a program of graduate study in a dietetics-related program at a regionally accredited college or university with the intent to practice in the field of dietetics
- Must register and pay to attend the Annual Meeting and Exhibition (AME). Student volunteers for the annual meeting are not eligible for student stipends.
Selection criteria will be based on:
- Financial need (50%)
- Commitment to continued professional development in the dietetics profession as evident from applicant’s statement (30%)
- Leadership ability as evident in applicant’s statement and resume (20%)
Students awarded a scholarship will be required to write a letter or establish e-mail communication with the Pennsylvania Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics member or donor who provided the scholarship monies. Students will be provided contact information about the donor. A letter of thanks and a brief statement about the student’s meeting experience will be expected to be mailed within three (3) weeks of the meetings completion.
STUDENT STIPEND APPLICATION
A $100.00 stipend will be available to enable student members of the Pennsylvania Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics to attend the Annual Meeting and Exhibition.